» Verification of Benefits
Steps for Hiring LBS to Verify Benefits
- Submit a completed Patient Registration Form.
- The Patient Registration Form is for Larsen Billing Service clients only.
- The $20 fee to obtain a verification of benefits is non-refundable. LBS Accepts Visa, MasterCard or Discover. At this time we do not accept American Express. Due to federal regulations we are not able to accept payment from Health Savings, Flex Spending and Cafeteria accounts.
- Should you choose to leave your provider’s care for any reason, the completed VOB is yours to take with you.
- Larsen Billing Service understands the importance of protecting personal information and has taken the necessary steps to insure all transmitted information is secured and kept confidential.
- LBS will obtain insurance information once per insurance company and registration form submitted. If your policy changes for any reason, including renewal periods, or an additional quote is needed for secondary insurance, you will need to re-submit an additional Patient Registration Form on our website along with an additional $20 payment.
- To fill out the Patient Registration Form, please locate your provider’s pin number and click the following link Patient Registration Form (If you don’t know your provider’s pin #, please email us at VOB@larsenbilling.com.)
- You will receive an email confirmation of your patient registration submission within 2 business days. If you have additional questions, please feel free to email – VOB@larsenbilling.com
Note: Once these steps have been completed, Larsen Billing will begin the process of verifying your benefits. We will also pursue obtaining pre-authorization and in-network exception (if possible). This process could take up to 10 business days to complete. We will send a copy of the verification information to the email address listed on the Patient Registration Form and to the midwife.
When verifying benefits we determine:
- Your rate of coverage
- Deductible amount (if any)
- Whether or not midwifery services and/or homebirth and birth center births are part of your specific insurance coverage
Note: Verification is not confirmation that the insurance company will pay what is stated when verifications were obtained. The insurance company has the right to make a final ruling on each claim submitted according to their latest policies and procedures.
Verification of Benefits Overview
The first step in obtaining optimum reimbursement from an insurance company is the verification of benefits. Verifying benefits is the process of gaining information regarding a member’s insurance coverage. It also helps to alleviate surprises along the way and can be used in cases where appeals may need to be written.
Due to the important nature of obtaining complete and accurate information regarding benefits, Larsen Billing Service will not pursue troubled claims in cases where verifications were not performed by Larsen Billing Service, or by a midwife who has been trained in gathering this information.
Larsen Billing Service has a team of specialist who are specifically trained in obtaining midwife and birth center benefits information. With Larsen Billing, we do not stop at obtaining verifications; we continue the process by obtaining a pre-authorization (if one is required) and an in-network exception.
Kind Words From a Happy Mom
Please accept my deepest gratitude for the manner in which your company handled our request to verify benefits. I had heard from two midwives that it was well worth the money to go to Larsen Billing to verify benefits before committing to using a midwife. After spending only two and a half days working with Larsen Billing, I would have to agree 100%. I thank you and your team for your commitment to the midwives who I believe are returning us moms to the way God intended His children to be birthed.
— Many Blessings, Jennifer Tellef